SAFE TO VISIT
Overall Precautionary Measures
- Plan store openings keeping COVID-19 in mind
- Provide thermo-guns to screen all personnel for fever and Cold & inform Mall Management immediately in case of emergency
- Get signed self-declarations on health conditions by all personnel on store.
- Isolation room has been facilitated by Mall management where someone who is feeling unwell or has symptoms can be safely isolated
- Mall management has formed Rapid Response Team to monitor mall customer & employees with infections / symptoms and will take necessary actions
- Install no-touch trash bins, instruments such as sneeze guards / protective screens at checkouts/cash counters
- Encourage employees to use their private vehicles while commuting to work. Consider providing fuel allowance.
- Encourage quick shopping options like order on phone and pick from outside the store.
Social distancing Measures
- Make floor markings to ensure social distancing
- Set up prioritized shopping hours for vulnerable and elderly customers.
- Manage stores with minimum number of staff with staggered days as footfall may not be high even after lifting of the lockdown
- Define the maximum customer occupancy inside a store basis the size of the store
- Install sanitization products, and preventive guideline posters at all entry and exit points
- Disinfect surfaces, including doorknobs, handrails, the POS system, tables and desks, front entrance, carts, registers and bathrooms at regular intervals for the entire duration a store is open.
- Provide PPE kits, Bio-Degradable gloves, masks to staff
- Place sanitizing hand rub dispensers at prominent places around the workplace make sure these dispensers are regularly refilled.
- Ensure social distancing by keeping a distance of at least 1.5 meters between employees
- Mandate the staff using public transport to sanitize themselves before entering the store
- Encourage customers to use cleaning stations to wipe trolleys, basket, etc.
Display, Merchandizing and Sampling
- Ensure trial rooms are disinfected with spray, pre and post each customer trial to build customer confidence and for staff safety
- Request customers to wait for 5 minutes to iron clothes, wherever
- Possible, with availability of steam iron before packing, so that the product is free of contaminants
- Ensure no customer or staff touches merchandise without proper sanitization
- Encourage customers to only touch what they intend to purchase
- Set up a process wherein tried garments are kept in dedicated trial rooms.
- Set up a process wherein hangers are retrieved and kept in a separate carton marked ‘TO BE SANITIZED’ in the trial room aisle area. These hangers to be sanitized before reuse.
- Ensure trial room tokens are sanitized after every use.
- Billing & Payment process
- Encourage contactless payment options such as Paytm, Google Pay, UPI
- Mandate cashiers to extend a tray to receive or return currency / cards for payments.
Support Expected From F&B Partners
- Ensure plenty of cash tills and mobile checkouts to reduce billing time
- Adopt measures to sanitize cash before it gets accepted,
- Ensure cashiers wear gloves while dispensing cash
- Replace physical bills with softcopy to be sent to customers via email / SMS
- Allow customers to exit the store if there is no beep. Do away with bill punching / checking of carry bags post purchase
- Direct customers to collect sanitized shopping bags from bag holder.
Billing & Other Staff
- Make it mandatory for shop staff to wear face masks. Dispense with handshakes; use a non-contact method for greetings
- Make it compulsory for employees to wash their hands when they arrive and every time they enter the premises, as well as frequently throughout the day
Food & Beverage establishment Guideline
- Restaurants to operate at 50% capacity.
- Mandatory use of gloves and masks for staff.
- Maximum 4 seats per table with a social distance between tables of minimum 2.5m.
- Only disposable cutlery / utensils and take away packaging.
- Daily restaurant sanitization to be done.
- Continuously follow up on food control authorities updates on latest regulations.
- Tables and chairs to be sanitized / cleaned more frequently as well as floor mopping.
- Hand sanitizers should be placed at all outlet counters and at various locations at the food court.
- Back areas, dish-wash areas, garbage areas to be cleaned & sanitized every hour